Up to £1000 Available for Community Groups in Kirklees to Encourage Vaccine Uptake & Community Testing in their Area
***This fund is still open and accepting applications***
Are you a community group providing support or activities in your community?
Could you support local people with any questions or concerns about the Covid vaccine?
TSL is working with Kirklees Council to offer community groups an exciting opportunity to play an important part in the Covid vaccine rollout. Grant funding is available to help people overcome any barriers to getting the vaccine, such as:
- access to transport, technology or childcare
- language barriers
- health concerns
- lack of confidence, knowledge or understanding
- tackling misinformation and making sure that people have the right information and messages
Charities, community groups and sports clubs can apply for the grant of up to £1,000 to deliver activities or come up with their own ideas to support uptake of the Covid vaccine.
If you want to discuss your ideas, please contact Bridget Hughes email@example.com.
Some examples of how the funding could be used:
· Delivering activities – e.g., health, wellbeing, fitness, or family activity – and including some information and discussion about vaccinations
· Adding some discussions or information about the vaccine to an existing group or activity
· Producing videos, posters, flyers or social media campaigns for your community to address their worries and answer their questions
· Holding a competition that helps raise awareness
· Talking to people in local community or religious settings
The funding is particularly aimed at those parts of Kirklees that have been hardest hit by Covid 19, and making sure that those most at risk from the disease (such as BAME communities, people with disabilities, people on low incomes or unpaid carers) are protected.
Funded activities need to start as soon as possible, and the money needs to be spent within 3 months of the funding being approved. Groups can apply for more than £1000 in exceptional circumstances. We have £40,000 available in total and so are hoping to fund a number of different projects, across Kirklees.
How to Apply
(You can also email us to get a copy of the form sent to you.)
You will need to include:
- how your project will meet the aims of the programme, and which communities you’ll be working with
- when and where your project will take place
- a brief summary of your costs
- details of your previous experience of this kind of work, plus the name and address of a referee who can verify this.
- details of any partners you’ll be working with