Monday 24th May - 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Thursday 27th May - 3.30pm to 4.30pm (taking place after our main Members' meeting)
Come and find out more about the new Community Buildings Recovery Grants and get help to apply.
Kirklees Council has secured £500,000 of Government money to help local voluntary, community, and charitable groups recover after the pandemic. It's particularly aimed at organisations that have lost money due to the ongoing lockdowns and Covid restrictions over the last year, and who haven't been eligible for other rate rebates or business support grants. (Please note - you can still apply if you've had up to a maximum £10,000 of Coronavirus support, such as Business Rate Relief.)
The funding is part of the council's Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme. Grants of up to £20,000 each will be awarded dependent on the size of the loss, and as a fair share of the total amount available.
We anticipate that the main briefing will take up to an hour. The second hour is for optional 1-1 discussions with Noreen.
TSL Kirklees is partnering with Kirklees Council to put on this briefing and support groups who want to apply for this funding.
- Hear from the Fund Manager, Noreen Abbas
- Be able to ask her questions about the funding, eligibility and application process
- Find out how to get extra 1-1 support with your application from West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service (WYCAS), TSL Kirklees or the council's Voluntary and Community Sector Team
- Have the option of discussing things in more detail with Noreen after the main briefing.
- Welcome (5 mins)
- Introduction to the grants , Noreen Abbas (15 mins)
- Summary of other help available - help with providing financial evidence, registering on the council's Grant Access Point, other help from TSL Kirklees (10 mins)
- Q&A (30 mins)
- Optional further 1-1 discussions with Noreen (1 hour)