Date: 16 June 2021
This free interactive webinar hosted by NCVO will be delivered in partnership with Small Charities Coalition (SCC) and will support small charities to influence decision-makers at a local level.
The session will help participants know how to build relationships with and influence MPs and councillors. Attendees will receive practical tools and resources from NCVO’s Knowhow platform to support their future influencing work.
In the session, they aim to explore the key points listed below.
- Understand why small charities should build relationships with councillors and MPs.
- Understand how small charities can develop positive and sustainable relationships with councillors and MPs.
- Discover some practical tools for how to engage with local councillors and MPs.
It will be followed by a 20-minute questions and answers session.
- Chris Walker, policy and public affairs manager at NCVO
- Rita Chadha, chief executive at Small Charities Coalition
- Judith Garfield MBE, an associate at Small Charities Coalition.
- For larger organisations, this may be useful for a campaign or policy lead.
- For smaller organisations, this may be useful for the chief executive or a trustee to attend.