WHO: SUPPORT 2 RECOVERY (The Great Outdoors Project)
S2R Create Space is an independent mental health charity, working across Kirklees, offering a range of wellbeing, creative and outdoor workshops.
Their specialist team from The Great Outdoors Project help people reconnect with nature in order to improve emotional and physical wellbeing, reduce anxiety, create social connections and learn about both themselves and the natural world.
WHAT: Choose from:
Optional in-person or Zoom sessions – all Sessions are on Wednesdays
- Nature-Inspired Monoprinting: 7th July – learn how to use inks to create a nature-inspired monoprint (one-off print).
- Natural Weaving: 21st July – make natural weaving frames and use a mixture of natural and man-made materials to create something unique.
- Soap Making: 4th August – learn how to use essential oils and natural ingredients to create your own unique soaps.
- Garden Upcycling: 18th August – upcycle salvaged wood and pallets into useful garden items such as planters and bird boxes.
- Nature Looking After You: Thursday 29th July – Has lockdown left you in a spin? Needing some ‘Me Time’? Feeling tired, drained and emotionally spent? Let nature nurture you for a while!
Join us for our relaxing, wellbeing session where you will discover all the wonderful ways in which Mother Nature shares her bounty with us and how we can use her gifts in beneficial ways to promote our own health and wellbeing easily and naturally.
Using items you probably already have in your own home or garden, you will learn how to:
• Brew delicious herbal infusions.
• Use herbs, spices, and wildflowers to boost your health.
• Make a soothing, nourishing, and calming hand scrub.
• Exercise effectively in the home.
• Use breathing to steady your emotions.
• Nourish and care for your hands.
• And many more nature-based self-care tips!
To get the most benefit from this session you may wish to have these things to hand:
• Bottle of your favourite scent or:
• Lavender Essential Oil (readily available in Wilko and health shops)
• Small bowl with caster sugar/ regular sugar (approx. 2 tablespoons)
• Small jar/bottle of oil for mixing (can be carrier oil, olive oil or vegetable oil) approx. 25ml
• Teaspoon for mixing
• Tissues or paper towels
• Selection of spices – cinnamon, cloves, cardamon etc
• Honey or agave/fruit syrup/maple syrup
HOW MANY: We can accommodate up to 12 people for a face to face activity, with more on taking part remotely on Zoom, or we can host as many people as needed if everyone is on Zoom.
WHERE: All of these sessions will be held at S2R, 5-7 Brook St, Huddersfield, HD1 1EB with the option to attend via zoom.
FIND OUT MORE: S2R
CONTACT: email@example.com, Bookings: 07933358800